Thursday, 23 January 2014

Hollingworth Lake

I can not explain how much I love this place, I wish I lived closer because the walk around Hollingworth Lake is one I wish I could do everyday whether it be with a friend or a pet. This was my 3rd time visiting the lake and not even the miserable weather could dampen my adoration. 


I don't know a lot of history about the lake, only that it used to be quite popular many years ago and that families would go there for day trips. I think its pretty obvious from the shops around the lake which remind you of being at the beach such as arcades and beach like fish and chip shops of course not forgetting 'The Beach' located right beside the lake that its a very popular place. 

Its the prettiest place I've been too, the water sparkles and looks incredible in the evening. A couple of boats here and there and the odd person getting their feet wet on the rocks. It's honestly one of the most lovely places to spend a day at and I adore it. 




The walk is a good 30 minutes if you're just walking straight around it, although there's a cafe, childrens park and plenty of picnic spaces and of course an incredible view, so I can't see how anyone could or would want to walk around the lake in less than an hour! 

I was a goofball and decided to take my crappy camera out, so the only decent picture I have is from my phone which doesn't do it any justice! But I love it here and will continue to visit as often as I possibly can, more so in the summer when it's a little warmer for someone like me who hates the cold!





No comments:

Post a Comment