Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Fat February

Usually, the start of the year is the time to set yourself a resolution of 'getting fit' for the new year, cutting down the carbs and getting to the gym.

Truthfully, I've never been one of those people, and I think the past week shows that...terribly well.

In 7 days, I had...


Fish & Chips (Takeaway)
Dominos Pizza (With Wedges and garlic bread)
Nandos. (Okay mostly for the mash potato and I only had 1/4 chicken...but still!)
Fish and Chips (Wetherspoons style)

Bacon roll (It was accompanied by a long walk though?)
& Macaroni cheese, which although cooked at home, has sooo much cheese in it.

I am officially a fat person!
Okay, it could be worse...I didn't snack through those days and I only eat a meal a day (yeah I'm terrible I know) but still!

Three cheers for fat years.

In all seriousness though, I can't let myself eat takeaway any longer, we nearly ended up getting a chinese in too and with beers on the side I am losing pounds from my pocket rather than my tum.

This week is STRICTLY. Home made cooking!

A lot of people say the best way to stick to that is to plan meals in advance, but how the hell do people do that?! I can understand doing two weeks to a months worth of food shopping...but planning what you want for tea a week in advance?! I'm not that kind of person. I can barely decide what I want on the day to be fair, I have to really want something or have something in. I can't go "Thursday is 3 days away and I'm going to want pasta bake, and then on Friday I'll have spaghetti bolognese"

Thats not how I work!

So hopefully, with a little determination, I'll be looking at a nice figure from eating so many fruits and vegetables I turn into one.


As a side note, I get incredibly frustrated with the fact that fruit and veg is so expensive.
I think that is pretty much everyones problem with weight issues as they get older, companies will make meals for you and then freeze them in a box, thats £2. A freshly cooked meal of the same sort can cost around £6.


Example: Spaghetti and meatballs

Frozen meal: 

£1.50 - £2.00

Home cooked: 

Spaghetti - £1.00
Spaghetti/Pasta Sauce - £1.50

Meat - £4.00
Total - £6.50


Thats a crazy amount for one meal that you have to find the time to cook! 

But anyway, I shall no longer continue the madness that is Fat February and finally turn it into something positive! Fit February!


No comments:

Post a Comment